What is SEO?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the process of improving your quality and quantity of traffic to your website or page from a search engine. This tracks unpaid clicks to your sites, not the paid clicks. By tracking these clicks, you can determine if your website is bringing in the traffic that you need.
If you are having trouble getting traffic to come to your site or page, you will need to check out SEO. It would be time for SEO to work for you and your site. SEO can help you to have the site that you want to have, with the traffic that you need.
SEO is a difficult concept to understand, but you need to understand it for your website and pages to do well on search engines. You also need to know why SEO is important, especially for small business. This article will attempt to explain at least a little bit of all this.
Reasons SEO is Important for Small Business
- Visibility – Most customers nowadays will search for a company or product online first before they visit or buy. If your business doesn’t have a website or page online, you are losing a lot of business. If you do SEO, you can increase the traffic to your website and more people will discover your business. Everyone needs to have an online presence to succeed – without it, very few people can find you.
- Increased Traffic – If you use SEO, you will get increased traffic to your website. This means that more people will see you and you will do better overall. You want to have a clear presence on Google and other search engines. Look here to see how you can increase your traffic: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/08/14/increase-traffic-to-my-website. You want your business to show up on the first page of the search engine. This will help to increase your traffic, and your online presence. This will also help you to make more sales in the long run, which is your ultimate goal.
- Higher Quality Traffic – You don’t just want more traffic; you want quality traffic. This means that you want the traffic to eventually buy products or services from your company. Targeting particular people through your SEO can make sure that you have that quality traffic that you need to succeed. SEO also helps you to learn more about your customers so that you can better target them.
- Higher Conversion Rate – If you show up on the front page of search engines, that means that you are one of the best businesses on the internet by your customers. This means that you will have a higher conversion rate, which means that the people who have searched for you have also bought from you. This is exactly what you want from your SEO and online advertising.
- Branding – You will want to get your brand better known especially if you are a smaller business. If you use SEO in the right ways, you can do this by having it show up on the front pages. Potential customers will see your and your logo there and presume – and rightly so – that you are a great company to do business with. Learn more about branding here. You want to build that reputation and you can do that by also inviting your customers to leave reviews – good or bad. If you get bad reviews, show that you are listening and changing things, if necessary.
- Competitive Advantage – Being first on the search engine will also give you a competitive advantage. If you want to do well, you should use SEO to make sure that you arrive on the first page. Your competitors are using it, if you want to be successful, you will be using it, too. You want to be as successful as your competitors, if not more so. SEO will help you to do this, if you are doing it right.
- Constant Lead Generation – If you could be open all day, every day, you could really be successful. Using SEO optimization will help you to do just that – your business could get traffic non-stop. Your business will be on the clock around the clock – your employees can’t do that. Since they can’t, you want to be sure that your website can. You want to be able to sell your products even when you are at home and asleep. Not everyone has the same sleep patterns, and a many people shop when they can’t sleep.
- More Offline Sales – Even if you have an online presence and are making sales, you want to make offline sales, as well. If you are using SEO, people are finding you and your brick-and-mortar buildings, too. This can increase your offline sales and help to make you more successful. You want to be as successful as you can, so you need to use SEO to help you to do that.
- Higher Return of Investment – Online advertising doesn’t cost as much as advertising on television, radio, or other mediums. Since it can bring you more sales, this means that you will get a higher return on your investment. This can help save your company money in the long run and help you to be more successful.
- Information on Customers – You want to know who your customers are and what they represent so that you can better target them in your business. SEO will help you to collect information such as demographics, location, and what type of device that you are using.
SEO is important for your business – in today’s business the more you focus on it, the more successful your business becomes. Most people who do searches don’t look past that first page. This means that if your business doesn’t show up there, you won’t be seen. SEO optimization can help you to be first on the list without paying for that privilege. You want to be sure that you are using it correctly so that you are successful.