To make a nice impression on the clients, it is best to have an attractive product presentation. The following blog constitutes a detailed understanding of product presentation, and the top five tips will help one create effective product slideshows.
What is meant by product presentation?
Product presentation is typically understood to be the procedure of launching a new product in the market and also when a company decides to rebrand its products to the targeted audiences.
There is no specific time when a product presentation will be the most beneficial since it is a vital part of the marketing process.
Why is product presentation important?
With an overwhelmingly competitive market to sustain, making the product stand out is very important. Product presentation is the primary step towards ensuring that.
Indeed, it is essential to produce a high-quality product with reasonable pricing to attract buyers, but it is not all.
Having an illustrious product presentation will help in the following way:
- Create a memorable impact on the buyers and compel them to consider buying the product in question
- Gain the trust and loyalty of the consumers
- Influence stakeholders to invest in the product when they see its potential
- Create a brand image and help the product to speak for itself
- Improve the sales
The difference between product presentation and sales presentation
Product presentations and sales presentations have some significant distinctions between them:
- Product Presentation: A product presentation predominantly focuses on the product. It includes the following:
- Use of the product
- Benefits of the product
- Operational details
- Sales Presentation: A sales presentation is primarily focused on the business. It includes the following:
- Bookkeeping details
- Accounting information
- Taxes and revenue-expenditures of the company
Components of a product presentation
Now, a product presentation has its elements. The list below contains the critical components of a product slideshow:
- Problem and the product’s contribution as the solution to the problem
- Position of the product in the market
- Social testimonials
Top 5 tips for creating an effective product presentation
Here are the top 5 tips that will help e-commerce business owners to create effective product presentations:
1. Setting the goal
Before venturing into making a product presentation, it is better to have a predetermined goal. The objective of a product presentation can be anything vis-à-vis its launching, its rebranding, or even any up-gradation.
Now, while setting the goal of a product presentation, one must consider the following things:
- Who is the target audience for the presentation?
- Is the presentation for stakeholders to secure more funding for the expansion of the business?
- Will the presentation contribute to securing a partnership?
- Why is it important to have a product presentation for the concerned product?
It is now time to create an outline of the presentation. This outline will sketch the introduction, the agenda, relevant company information, etc. An outline will prevent missing out on important points in the presentation.
While making a product presentation, one must remember that its main purpose is to convince people. Therefore, it is best if the product presentation is goal-oriented, realistic, and attainable.
2. Understanding the needs of the audiences
There should be a predetermined objective of the product slideshow. It will cater to the next tip, i.e., understanding the audiences’ needs. Setting the goal naturally decides upon the target audience: consumers, potential partners, or existing stakeholders.
The following list contains a range of essential steps that one must perform to understand the needs of the target audiences:
- Conduct in-depth research into the target audience
- Create alternative personas to pose as the target audience to see what they might want
- Visit the existing data to identify patterns and trends
- Make use of social media platforms to understand the needs of the people
Having adequate information on the audience will allow the product presentation to be more convincing in several ways. It must include why the audiences need the product and the products’ contribution to their lives.
3. Picking the right tools is important
The slides in the presentation should be visually appealing to the audience, and they must be relevant to them.
Here are a few things that one can look out for when deciding on the right tools for the product slideshow:
- Choose the right slideshow maker tool to produce high-quality product slideshows.
- Take help from various online slideshow makers to get newer templates and fonts.
- Use appealing templates
- Pick up compelling slide designs
The idea behind picking up the right tool is that the goal is to make the content relevant and appealing to the audience. It will aid in the creation of effective product slideshows.
After this comes the process of making the product presentation. For that, keep the following things in mind:
- Use the right audio (if any)
- Use subtle fonts and background colors
- Don’t make the presentation too flashy
- Use high-quality graphics and other visual aids such as short animations, videos, and infographics.
- Insert texts, images, clip arts, diagrams, and designs.
- Make sure the presentation is in tune with the brand identity
4. Take feedback and practice the presentation
Once the product presentation is complete, it is now time to accumulate feedback and run practice trials for the presentation. Rehearsing the presentation will help in several ways, such as:
- Rule out the irrelevant points from the presentation and refine it further
- Give a chance to rethink innovative attempts to make the presentation more engaging
- Help in completing the presentation within the given time
Next is accumulating and incorporating feedback received from others. A third-party perspective always helps in polishing and refining a presentation. Feedback will be highly beneficial for the creators because:
- It will open doors for further editing
- It will help in understanding others’ viewpoints
- It will ensure the presentation has a sound flow
5. Design the anticipated questions and answers
Designing the anticipated questions and answers for the audience will prove that the research had been legitimate and easily convey the main agenda. These questions can be related to the relevance of the product, its scalability, pricing, ease of use, added benefits, etc. This will allow the presentation to connect more with the audience and make it more engaging.
One more effective way of doing this is live videos on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, etc., to engage with the audiences and answer their queries.
Overall, following these easy yet essential things will contribute heavily to creating effective product slideshow presentations. Being creative changes the game. So, feel free to flex the creativity in the product presentation to make it successful.